TYPICAL AIRCONDITIONING CAPACITIES
For this post the following RoT’s have been used.
- Studio and single apartments: 50 m2
- Double bedroom apartments: 70 m2
- 3 room apartment 90 m2
Cooling load rule of thumb of 150 W/m2 (GTH)
‘Day/Night’ Zoning (Day zone @ 70% floor area10% floor area non air conditioned.
The following apartment cooling capacities can be determined:
- Studio and single apartments: 50 m2 = Capacity = 4.7 kWr
- Double bedroom apartments: 70 m2 = Capacity = 6.6 kWr
- 3 room apartment 90 m2 = Capacity = 8.5 kWr
Air conditioning heat loads must be undertaken with reputable software (typically A.C.A.D.S CAMEL, in Australia).
Heat load analysis is worthy of a separate post (Go To Apartment Design Guide Post)